Cycle Challenge West – Sunday 16th August

Cycle Challenge West

On Your Bike is pleased to announce that we are organizing our very own Irish cyclosportive, Cycle Challenge West .  We are offering three stunningly scenic cycling routes of 50kms, 100kms or 150kms, all starting and finishing Westport, County Mayo.  The date is set for Sunday, the 16th of August 2009.


Your Entry Fee Includes your T-Shirt, goody bag, refreshments during the event, use of changing and shower facilities, parking by Westport House and a hot meal in The Farmyard at the finish and various support services during the event.

Click here to sign up today for Cycle Challenge West.

The Venue

Westport, winner of the 2008 Tidy Town’s competition is surrounded by Ireland’s most scenic cycling. The sportive venue will be The Farmyard in the grounds of Westport House . Westport House is one of Ireland’s most beautiful, privately owned, 18th century Historic Homes. It is situated in a magnificent Parkland setting, with a Lake, Terraces and Gardens overlooking Clew Bay. This will be the venue for Sign-On, Start and Finish, Free Parking, Hot Showers and a Free Hot Meal afterwards.

The Routes

There are three routes to choose from. All three routes will start out together for the first 25kms.

  • 50km Partry Hills Route. Food and Water station at 26kms.  Map of Route.
  • 100km Lough Doo Pass Route. Food and water stations at 44kms and 58kms.Map of Route.
  • 150km Maamturk Mountains Route. Food and water stations at 44kms, 81kms and 106kms.  Map of Route

Sign-On

Sign-On will be in The Farmyard, Westport House (enter via Quay Rd.), Westport.

  • Saturday 15th August 18:00 – 20:00
  • Sunday 16th August 06:00 – 07:00

NEW ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT SIGN-ON. However, only online entrants will receive an event t-shirt. Online entrants must also sign-on at the venue where all entrants will receive their goody bag and event t-shirt.

Start / Finish Area

All three routes will start and finish at The Farmyard in Westport House Grounds. START TIME IS 8AM. There will be Free Parking available here. Afterwards, there will be Hot Showers available and a Free Hot Meal for all particpants.

Accommodation

  • List of Local Accommodation
  • Westport Tourist Office, Tel 098 25711 offer a service of finding accomodation for you. You tell them what your requirements and budget are, and they find you somewhere to match your needs. They take a €4 booking fee and a 10% deposit for your accommodation. You pay the other 90% at your accommodation when you arrive.
  • Campsite, Westport House Grounds (Just beside Start/Finish & Sign-On). There is a special rate of €10 (down from €27) for event participants.

Weather

August is one of the best months of the year for good weather in the West, so it should be warm and sunny. However, this is Ireland so participants would be well advised to bring some wet weather gear.

Safety

  • All participants must wear a hard shell crash helmet. No helmet, no cycle.
  • Bikes must be in a roadworthy condition.
  • The roads will remain open at all times and in the interest of safety, participants must obey the instructions of any event personnel on the day.
  • Please be aware of other road users at all times.
  • First-Aid will be provided on the day by the Red Cross.

Register Today

Click here to sign up today for Cycle Challenge West.

Your Entry Fee Includes your T-Shirt, goody bag, refreshments during the event, use of changing and shower facilities, parking by Westport House and a hot meal in The Farmyard at the finish and various support services during the event.

NEW ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT SIGN-ON. However, only online entrants will receive an event t-shirt. Online entrants must also sign-on at the venue where all entrants will receive their goody bag and event t-shirt.

Contact Us

INFO:  Art@OnYourBike.ie

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: